Garmin Maps Update: In this article, I am going to share information on how to update Garmin Maps for free. Installing new maps is not a difficult task but you must know how to do it the correct way. The latest and updated Garmin maps ensure you have accurate geographical information about the route.
Do you know how to update Garmin Maps?
If the answer is No, then don’t worry you are on the right page. I am not just going to assist you with downloading and installing Garmin maps, it’s a lot more. Before updating the Garmins Maps I am going to share information on “How to install Garmin Express“.
For you who don’t know Garmin Express is the software used to update and install new Garmin Maps. So first let’s check how to install it and then we will move forward towards downloading and updating Garmin Maps.
How to install Garmin Express
The following steps will help you to download the Garmin Express software on your Windows laptop. If you are using any version of the Windows operating system the following steps are good to go. Before getting started with Garmin Express Installation I recommend you to have a stable internet connection and enough free space in your Windows laptop. Let’s check all the steps now.
- The first task is to open any web browser on your Windows computer.
- I always recommend you to use good ones like; Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.
- Now in the address bar (top of the web browser where URL is placed) type the following website address.
- Type “HTTP:software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html.“
- Press enter
- Once the web page is successfully loaded you will find the download option.
- Click on Download for Windows option. If you are using Mac operating system then select Download for Mac. Simple as that.
- Save the GarminExpress.exe installer file in the local disk of your Windows computer.
- Now to install it just, double-click on the downloaded file.
- Read the terms and conditions and accept then click on install.
- Now just follow the upcoming instructions on your computer screen.
- Once you are successfully able to install the Garmin Express software you will find the option “Launch Garmin Express“
So, above are all the steps about how to install Garmin Express on a Windows computer.
Now let’s check how to update Garmin Express Maps
How to Update Garmin Express Maps
The following steps will guide you to update Garmin Express maps using a Windows computer. Steps are easy and simple to perform. Let’s get started right now.
- The first step is to connect the GARMIN GPS device to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Now open the installed Garmin Express software.
- On your Windows computer screen, you will find the option “Check for Updates to Express“. Just click on it. The installed software will automatically check all the latest updates available for the Garmin Device using the internet.
- It might take a few minutes to check all the available updates for the connected GARMIN Device.
- Once the scan is finished, you will all the available updates.
- Now just click on “Install All” and the new Garmin Maps.
- Follow the screen instructions and follow them until updates are not installed successfully.
I hope now you are able to update Garmin Maps. If you are still facing any issue with Garmin Maps then I suggest you contact the team and they will guide you to resolve the issue.